As seen on our Little Bites Children’s Menu (now available at all our restaurants), this little lamb meatballs recipe, with tomato sauce & parmesan, is a perfect tasty treat to make with your little ones…
- 50g sliced ciabatta bread (crust removed)
- 6 tbsp milk
- 250g lamb mince
- 250g beef mince
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan plus extra to grate over when serving
- Whole nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- Ground black pepper
- 250g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Few leaves basil
- Soak the bread with in a bowl with the milk for min 10mins. Squeeze the bread and chop it finely. Add the chopped bread back into the milk.
- Place the mince and all other ingredients into a large bowl apart from tomatoes & basil.
- Add the soaked bread and milk to the mince. Knead until well combined
- Shape the mixture into 3.5cm balls
- Heat a large pan to accommodate all the meatballs, add sunflower oil to cover the pan over a medium heat.
- Saute the meatballs until brown all over, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and place back onto the heat. Bring to a slow simmer, add the basil and meatballs back into the sauce.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for approx. 25mins
- Place onto a serving dish and grate over more parmesan
- Enjoy 😊